Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Literary allergic alliteration attempt

I love to read. Since I want to be a writer someday, I can call this both a hobby and a career planning exercise. Which is why it really sucks that I'm allergic to libraries.
I have strange allergic reactions to library books. I once had a rash all the way up both arms before I'd even finished the first chapter. Another time, I didn't feel anything, but I started crying. It went way past watery eyes- I looked like I was crying my heart out. Some books make me cough, some books make me sneeze, some books make my hands hurt, and some books do nothing at all and I'm fine with handling them.
Most of the time it's not peanuts, it's smoke or mold or old paper or the perfume of the person who last read them. It doesn't have anything to do with Poodleface or with peanuts, but it really annoys me and I felt like mentioning it. I'm allergic to libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment