Friday, August 26, 2011

Paranoia fuel

When I was growing up (is seventeen too young to use that phrase?) my classmates used to roll their eyes and tell me to stop being so paranoid. I read the ingredients on not only food, but on bottled lemonade and lip gloss and treats for my gerbil. And even when the label looked good I'd sometimes push whatever it was away, saying thanks but no thanks, I didn't trust it. Most of the time my classmates were probably right, whatever it was would have been fine for me. But occasionally I come across something like this, and that's enough to keep me cautious.

http://worstthingieverate.com/post/5218072222/so-this-isnt-actually-the-worst-food-ive-ever

Mishaps like that terrify me, as do the occasional stories about a whack job deliberately contaminating nut-free food or a family member attempting to prove that their cousin isn't REALLY allergic to shellfish.
Even with Poodleface, it's sometimes hard to face the world without fearing for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment