Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Just stop provoking them!

While I was attending school I was told by several teachers that they couldn't help me with the bullying I was experiencing because I had provoked my tormentors. If I would simply relax about the whole peanut thing no one would have to hurt me and everything would be fine. 
I still can't help believing that it was my fault. 
My clothes weren't nice enough. I couldn't wear makeup or dye my hair. I wasn't pretty enough or didn't study hard enough or didn't do enough to hide my allergies. And so it was my fault because I'd provoked them. 
And I'm still sorry.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't feel an ounce of sorry! (If that makes any sense). You did NOTHING to provoke them; you just have the sad disadvantage of living in an area of the country that is ignorant and mean. I hope you know that this is *not* how the rest of America, or the world for that matter, views bullying or even allergies. No one ever accuses kids of faking it, that's it's all in their heads, or even make fun of them for it. Those people are idiots and know that IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. When you get out of your town, you'll realize just how understanding the rest of the world is and how horrible those people were to you and how not-okay that is.

    ReplyDelete